Uporabniški pogovor:Andre Engels
I noticed that you cleared the "article" on Medicine that only listed interwiki links. This article was created by someone who put graffiti on it. The optimal choice would be to delete it, but we don't have anyone with the sysop access around here, so I restored it because IMHO it's better to have interwiki links than an empty page. This way, it's still kind of useful; you can go to English or whatever page and read stuff there.
My metrics of appropriateness for this kind of articles is:
- proper article is better than
- stub, which is better than
- nothing at all (ie. deleted article), which is still better than
- interwiki links, which is better than
- an empty page, that is better than
- grafitti, which is better than
- offensive graffiti.
:-) --romanm 17:05, 16 apr 2004 (CEST)
I can go on:
- total stupidity,
- neverending NPOV/POV edit wars (offensive graffiti at least does not steal you time)
- hmmh. (articles with millions of redirects, subpages, paragraphs - they still you A lot of time)
Do not worry about sysops. Someone will come around for sure and he (they'll) bring some order here. And we already have VFDs and also system's pages about orphaned articles/pictures. Lep pozdrav.--XJam 18:00, 16 apr 2004 (CEST)
It surprises me, given the size of Slovenian Wikipedia, that there is no sysop yet. Is noone wanting to take up the job? Would it perhaps be an option to give all three of you (XJam, Peterlin and Romanm) sysop powers? - Andre Engels 17:31, 18 apr 2004 (CEST)
Yes, Andre - this is a good idea. You can propose us for the job. --XJam 21:02, 18 apr 2004 (CEST)
Hello, Andre! I agree with your proposal for all three of us. --romanm 07:31, 20 apr 2004 (CEST)
I second that. --Peterlin 14:00, 20 apr 2004 (CEST)
- Ker je sedaj tudi možnost imenovanja administratorjev s strani obstoječih, je tako za enkrat zadovoljeno potrebam. Za druge predloge pa se bodo uporabniki dogovorili na slovenski inačici vaške črpalke.
- As now there is a possibility that existing administrators nominate others, the needs are satisfied for now. For other suggestions users will agree on Slovene version of Village pump (Pod lipo (Under the lime)). --XJam 14:14, 20 apr 2004 (CEST)
- Actually, to make others sysop, one needs to be a Bureaucrat. I have made XJam bureaucrat, if you want to share that power as well, as a Bureaucrat he can change people into Bureaucrats as well as into sysops. Good luck to you all! - Andre Engels 16:56, 20 apr 2004 (CEST)